Bowdoinham is a bucolic town located on the western banks of the Kennebec River. With just under 3,000 residents the pace of this farming and arts town is as peaceful as its rolling hills and meadows. While in town, make a visit to the Bowdoinham Historical Society which is keeping the history of Bowdoinham, Maine vibrant and alive!
Sites and Attractions
- Bowdoinham Historical Society. A great source of information on anything Bowdoinham.
- Mailly Waterfront Park. Soak up the sights and sounds of the Kennebec River from this visitor friendly park.
- Bowdoinham Public Library. A great local resource and fun for all ages.
- The Merrymeeting Arts Center. Explore the gallery, store and workshops inspired by the artist Bryce Muir.
- Bowdoinham Farmer’s Market. Bowdoinham is a farming community with wonderful soils, thus the Bowdoinham Farmer's Market is one of the best local sources of fresh produce, meats, cheeses, cut flowers, plants and more.
- Merrymeeting Bay. Merrymeeting Bay is one of the great treasures of mid coast Maine. This large fresh water tidal bay is home to dozens of migratory birds each year. Six of Maine’s rivers drain into this unique bay, which at low tide reveals a hidden beach.
- Merrymeeting Bay Wildlife Management Area. With 3 miles of trails to explore this far-flung wilderness is worth searching out.